Insta’s Model 418 Digital Cap Press is a terrific multi-purpose heat press. Its curved platens are perfectly molded to mirror the curves of a hat & are designed to apply heat transfers onto cap brims & bills. The 418 has also proven to be an effective tool for printing logos and back-neck labels onto flat garments. Its portable, compact design and quiet operation make this heat press perfect for use in a home or retail environment.
Quality You Can Count On.
The Model 418 has been strategically designed to generate & evenly distribute tremendous pressure throughout the entire platen. And, its cast-in tubular heating element heats the metal from within, which produces constant and long lasting heat. A successful heat transfer application requires 3 key elements to work in tandem– time, temperature & pressure. The Model 418 has mastered those elements and gets the job done every time.
- Made of cast aluminum for maximum durability.
- Comes with 4.5”x 6.75” upper platen and 3.25”x 6.75” lower platen.
- Strategically designed cap hold down device.
- Integrated digital controller which features controls for time, temperature (Fahrenheit or Centigrade) & auto-off.
- Protective heat shroud.
- Warranty – Lifetime warranty on the upper heating element, 1 year on parts & 90 days on labor.
- UL, CuL & CE approved. RoHS/WEE compliant.
- Made in the USA.
- Depth: 13.75” (34.92 cm)
- Width: 23” (58.42 cm)
- Height: 18.5” (46.99 cm)
- 120 volt – 400 Watts, 3.4 Amps
- 230 volt – 400 Watts, 1.7 Amps
- Upper Platen Size: 4.5”x 6.75” (11.4 x 17.1 cm)
- Lower Platen Size: 3.25”x 6.75” (8.25 cm x 17.1 cm)
- Additional accessory platens available for purchase – 4.5”x 6.75”
- 37 lbs. (16.8 kilos)
1. Curved Platens
The Model 418’s curved platens are perfectly molded to mirror the curves of a hat & are designed for the application of heat transfers onto cap brims & bills.
2. Cap Hold Down
Its strategically designed cap hold down mechanism snaps into place to hold the body of the hat taught, for hassle-free application.
3. Interchangeable Platens
A larger 4.5”x 6.75” lower accessory platen can be purchased and easily snapped into place for printing on hats with larger brims.
4. Central Pressure Source
Its pressure source is strategically placed over the center of the upper platen and uses struts to drive that pressure out to all corners. The result is an even and heavy duty distribution of pressure that is unmatched by other heat presses in the market today.
5. Cast-In Heating Element
The tubular heating element is cast into the aluminum upper platen, heating the metal from within. The element is coiled throughout the upper platen to provide a reliable and even circulation of heat out to all corners.
6. Cast Aluminum Assembly
Machines made from cast metal are considered to be the highest quality and are strong enough to withstand heavy use without warping or bending. The 418 is extremely durable and, if cared for properly, can last up to 25 years.